Jim Purcell is a seasoned energy professional with over 40 years of experience in the electric utility industry. He retired as Energy Services Manager at Nashville Electric Service after 33 years and spent an additional eight years as a consulting contractor for the Tennessee Valley Authority. His experience ranges from developing and implementing energy efficiency programs, teaching workshops on lifestyle changes to save energy for residential and customer clients, strategic planning, and customer conflict resolution. Jim gains the most enjoyment from helping income challenged residents understand their energy usage choices better in order to save money for other necessities.
Jim and his wife have lived in the Nashville, TN area their whole lives. Jim enjoys hiking, football, hockey, and watching his grandchildren play sports.
- Professional speaking
- Strategic planning
- Business case development
- Behavior change
- Engagement strategy
- Energy education for kids
- Energy education for middle and high school students
- Energy education for adults
- Energy efficiency and reduction strategies
- Team development and coaching
- Stakeholder/team/project management
- Account management
DislikesWaiting in line