SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
As a Project Manager focusing on electric vehicles and emerging technologies, Shauna Basques is eager to help companies learn, strategize, and prepare for industry innovation. She has led several programs to support alternative fuels adoption, energy modernization, and electric vehicle charging infrastructure development. She has also managed public engagement initiatives, coordinated stakeholder conferences, designed website content, and monitored grant contract compliance.
Shauna came to Tennessee in 2017 from the University of Central Florida, where she earned an M.F.A. in Nonfiction Writing. Before that, Shauna graduated with high distinction and honors from the University of Iowa with a B.A. in English and a Certificate in Sustainability.
Shauna has previously served as co-chair for Drive Electric Tennessee’s Driving Awareness working group, focused on improving Tennesseans’ exposure to electric vehicles. Shauna currently serves on the board of the Southeastern Team Reducing the Impacts of Diesel Emissions (STRIDE) Collaborative, organized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Strategic planning
- Partner research and stakeholder engagement activities
- Meeting facilitation
- Behavior change
- Program focus selection and goal setting
- Event design, management, and promotion
- Program evaluation strategy
- Reporting and technical writing
- Conference planning (e.g., abstracts, awards, exhibiting, speech writing)
- State and federal grant development, writing, and management
- Stakeholder/team/project management
- Alternative fuels and advanced vehicle technologies program management and subject matter expertise
- State Energy Office program management and subject matter expertise
Crocheting crazy sweaters
Camping on Lake Superior
DislikesSitting in the front row of a movie theater
Muggy summer days
Finding a bug when you least expect it